Welcome to the International Colleges Of Islamic Sciences
Students Opinions of ICIS
participate by presenting papers which discuss educational cultural and social problems and try to find appropriate solutions to them
The Postgraduate Study Programme
This programme includes two stages:
The student suggests to the postgraduate board a certain topic for his research. The academic board will study the topic. In case the board agrees on the topic the student will be asked to provide a research plan of 2000 words. After accepting the plan, a supervisor will be assigned and the student starts his research. The dissertation should be of 35 thousand words excluding the table of contents and appendices.
The student can be accepted for this stage after he has pass efficiently the MPhil and after he has granted the recommendation of the debate committee along with the consent of the university. If the student was granted the MA degree from other university, it could be possible to consider accepting him to do the PhD stage directly. The dissertation for this stage must be of 75 thousand words excluding the table of contents and appendices.
- In some cases two supervisors my be assigned: one for the speciality and the other for the approach of research).
- Assigning the supervisor is the responsibility of the academic council or board of ICIS.
- In case the supervisor was not able to carry on his duty, the ICIS will assign a replacement.
Contact between the supervisor and the student
- The student should meet the supervisor at least twice a term, in addition to contact via mail, email.
- The supervisor should submit his reports after each supervision session to the administration of the ICIS. The reports should show the progress the student does concerning the research.